Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day Off!

Decided to take the whole day off instead of just half of a day. I have a dentist appointment at 1:00, so I just figured it would be a good day to just enjoy the rest of the day. That means tomorrow is Friday, which is a teachers favorite day!!! Luckily next week is thanksgiving break!! Being a teacher I now realize how much those breaks are more for the teachers then the students.....Mom and I are making cookies ahead of time for the baby shower next weekend...we can't wait for litte Jack to arrive!

I'll end this with some student sayings:

Miss Wilt: Michael, it isn't appropriate to fart loudly during carpet time because it distracts the class.

Student: Miss Willt, just listen. The whole time you were teaching I was trying so hard to concentrate and keep it squeezed in, but I just couldn't hold it anymore. It just came out before I even could do anything about it. But I feel relieved now...

Miss Wilt: (the whole class is laughing hard) Just try to step off the carpet next time =)



Miss Wilt: Who can tell me what the vowel sounds "ai' in this word Jail

Student: Oh Jail, like when my day went to jail last month for stealing a car



Miss Wilt: (Letting a new student introduce herself to the class).

Student: I come from the coast. My dad is in the navy or army or I can't remember. Oh guess what, my dad's a stripper

Miss Wilt: Ok, thank you lets move on now (trying to avoid students wanting to know what a stripper is)

Other Student: But wait Miss Wilt, whats a stripper?

Miss Wilt: Well...(trying to think of a way to get around this)

Student: Well, its someone who works in a bar. He comes home late all the time

Miss Wilt: (Whew) and we let that be and moved on....




Peace and Love.

Ali

2 comments:

Party of 6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Party of 6 said...

Alison,
The conversations with your students are hysterical, how do you not spend the whole day laughing around kiddos like that!!!