Sunday, August 22, 2010

Finally a new post!

Hey All! It's been a long time since I've posted something on here! Not sure if anyone still reads these posts or what, but I thought I would do a little update.

I started my new job last week as an early intervention specialist. My job is the intake coordinator. I receive referals for kiddos that might need early intervention services. We services kids birth-three and three-five. I and another specialist (occupational therapists, Physical Therapist or speech language pathologist) will evaluate the child by testing them and refer them for services. I then develop an individual family service plan for the kids and their families to help them work on the areas in need. There is a lot to learn, but so far I am really enjoying it!

Besides work, I've been running A LOT. I'm up to 140 miles since June 25. I am trying to make it to 200 by the end of August, but I think I will be cutting it close! Besides running I've been hiking up in Jackonville with mom. We do about 3-4 mile hikes on Saturdays. The hiking has helped me improve my pace when running. Hopefully I will do some more races this year.

I've been trying to get into making more earrrings to hopefully start selling some of my stuff around the holidays. "Owlson" is going to be the name of my earring line. Hopefully I can get some new ides from some friends as I was inquired that they get together and have beading parties and make jewerly!

Well thats about all thats new with me! Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

Party of 6 said...

Hills will be a huge benefit to your strength and conditioning. I'm somewhat envious since I've wanted to incorporate hills into my workout schedule but haven't (mostly because there are no hills to speak of in Indiana).